USPS Postage Rates, Services and Number of Stamps Required
To send mails successfully via post it is necessary to be familiar with the postage rates, the number of stamps necessary and the different kind of services offered by USPS.
Before moving on to the postage rates, let’s go through all the different kinds of services offered by USPS for you to send mails in. Each of these services has a unique benefit as well as purpose. It is up to you to choose how and when you need your mail to be delivered and understanding these services will make the process of decision making a lot easier for you. Also, Read About How to send certified mail.
Services Offered By USPS
- Priority Mail Express- This service can be put use when you need to send heavier items and fast. It includes a money-back guarantee, a 100$ insurance and also an additional merchandise insurance. Priority Mail Express is perfect when you need to send items of 70lbs or lesser and the items are sure to reach in 1-2 days after sending. The service can be used on Sundays and holidays, provided an additional payment is made.
- Priority Mail- Priority mail service can be used when sending items such as gift, documents, and merchandise that needs to reach within 1-3 days after being sent. In priority mail too you can send items up to 70lbs.
Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail can be sent from the post office, and you can order the packaging for both from the USPS online store.
- First Class Mail- For personal and business purposes, first class mail can be used. It can be used to send small documents, letters, and postcards. The average delivery time is around 1-3 days and you can send packages up to 13oz and letter and envelopes up to 3.5oz.
- USPS Ground Retail- USPS can be used to send small and large packages up to 70lbs domestically, i.e. within the country. The average delivery time for USPS ground retail is up to 3-8 days.
- Media Mail- Media mail is perfect for sending media material be it print or audio. You can send packages up to 70lbs and it will be delivered in 3-8 days. You may use this service to send books, manuscripts, sound recording, etc. You cannot use media mail to send promotional material.
The postage rates for the above mention services as determined by USPS are as follows
- Priority Mail Express
- Domestic- $21.18 and higher according to weight.
- International- $38.90 and higher according to weight.
- Priority Mail
- Domestic- $5.95 and higher according to weight.
- International- Canada- $30.16 and higher according to weight.
- International- Other countries- $36.81 and higher according to weight.
- First Class Mail
- First Class mail letter- $0.49 for 1oz and additional $0.21 for every extra ounce. (Domestic)
- First Class mail Flat- $0.98 for 1oz and additional $0.21 for every extra ounce. (Domestic)
- First Class Package- $2.61 and higher according to weight. (Domestic)
- First Class Mail Postcard- $0.36
- First Class Mail Letter-International- $1.15
- First Class Package- International- $14.73 and higher according to weight.
- USPS Ground Retail
- Retail- $6.65 and higher according to weight.
- Packages- $5.95 and higher according to weight.
- Media Mail– $2.63 for 1lb.
How Many Stamps Do You Need?
The simplest and most meaning explanation to this question is that the number of stamps is decided by the weight of the item that you are sending. The rates specified as postage rates are actually how much your postage stamps need to add up to.
So if you are sending first class mail for the first 1oz you can use $0.49 forever stamps and for every ounce higher you can use $0.21 stamps.
Do you Know Where To Buy Stamps Read Here: Where To Buy Stamps